Blue Monkey Bluetooth Adaptor – 支援論壇

Weird hardware mixup [Blue Monkey Bluetooth Adaptor - 102592]

• docbofh
  • 投稿: 3
  • 註冊日期: 9 六月 2004
Ordered a Blue Monkey CF card. Some Taiwanese card with a different chipset turned up instead: http://www.ccandc.com.tw/product/BT-0101M.htm The stock label says: Stock Code: 192592 Blue Monkey CF Bluetooth Adaptor Does this kind of thing happen a lot?
  • ETsupport
  • 投稿: 31
  • 註冊日期: 14 五月 2004
Hi, Is there a problem with the card? Are you trying to use this on a PDA or PC (with PCMCIA adapter)? George EskTech Support
  • Mahesh
  • 投稿: 8300
  • 註冊日期: 14 四月 2003
  • 地點: Liverpool, UK
Bizarre, does it have the BM sticker ? I'll check with the warehouse now .. -- Mahesh - eXpansys
  • docbofh
I'm trying to use it with a Sharp Zaurus SL5500. Which is kind of beside the point. But for curiosity value, here's how I got on: On insertion, the blue led starts flashing (and keeps flashing until the card is removed, or it's "ejected" by running cardctl eject 1). The card isn't recognised by any of the affix drivers, and is picked up by the serial_cs driver instead. Trying to initialize the card with the driver for the Blue Monkey CF card (bt950 chipset, probably Ericsson H4 implementation) results in btctl being stuck in D-wait, and requiring a power cycle of the pda. My next step was going to be updating the pcmcia config to force the card to use affix_uart_cs, so I checked the card config via cardctl info and looked up the FCC ID from the card itself. It was at this point that I discovered I had been sent a Taiwanese white-box unit, instead of the branded Blue Monkey card that I ordered. I didn't think there was much point trying to drive this unsual chipset, when it should be much easier to drive the Blue Monkey card (which I had ordered for the precise reason that it would be compatible with my pda).
  • docbofh
The card itself has no BM sticker. It looks identical to the unit on the ccandc.com.tw website. The box it came in has no branding. The only mention of "Blue Monkey" is on the Expansys stock label/sticker.
  • Mahesh
  • 投稿: 8300
  • 註冊日期: 14 四月 2003
  • 地點: Liverpool, UK
Let me check this with Purchasing and the warehoues, will get back to you shortly. -- Mahesh - eXpansys
  • Babbage
  • 投稿: 1
  • 註冊日期: 18 八月 2004
I also ordered a Blue Monkey Card, and recieved the same as this poster - strange looking card, No mention of Bluemonkey on the card itself, and just a stock label on the box with a stock code of 102592 - Blue Monkey CF Adaptor. Any information you can shed would be much appreciated - I do like to get what I have paid for ! Steve
  • woodrz
  • 投稿: 2
  • 註冊日期: 16 十月 2004
I have also just received the same card. My order reference was 4473A1E6E37E. Which was for a Blue Monkey adapter plus the PCMCIA adapter. I receievd A CandC card, with a stock label saying "Blue Monkey CF adapter, Stock Code 102592. The box contains a CF card AND a PCMCIA adapter, and a second PCMCIA adapter was in the package. I would also like what I ordered!
  • beatgoeson
  • 註冊日期: 22 十月 2004
same order, same error, and same troubles with my PDA (zaurus). I had precisely selected this card for comptaibility reasons with the Zaurus !
  • dmarti3
  • 註冊日期: 26 十月 2004
Same same same, whats going on here, Why are we not getting what we paid for. If I wanted a generic no name card I would have ordered one. Not Happy Jann!
  • woodrz
  • 投稿: 2
  • 註冊日期: 16 十月 2004
Well I emailed about it and got a slightly sniffy response - "As with all of our EXpansys products we do not have out own brand , but try to source the best deal for our customers. The products may change name but not spec. We apologise if this has caused any confusion. If you are unhappy with the item in anyway please return it within 21 days of receipt, in it's original condition and packaging." Not sure what to do yet, but it doesn;t seem to work very well.
This has just happened to me. After getting the run-around for 3 hours Expansys, via Mobile Planet, is supposed to be issuing me a UPS pickup. For the record, this card has changed name AND spec: It's a different chipset. My company is contemplating pursuing legal action. If any previous posters are still checking this site, and if the good people at Expansys keep this post up (which they most assuredly won't), please post again and I will give you contact information.
;